Bayside Standing MRI - Don’t take pain and injury lying down!
When you’re injured and in pain, you want clinical management of your issue to begin as soon as possible – that’s exactly what Bayside Standing MRI provides.
Bayside Standing MRI introduced the first upright magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) service in Victoria. Unlike tunnel MRI scanners, which have the patient lying down only, our MRI scanner can image particular regions of your body in a variety of positions – including standing up. In this weight bearing position, we can better assess a range of issues and injuries. In fact, in some cases, we can detect issues that won’t be detected in a lying down position. To achieve this benefit with our service, it's essential that a direct comparison is made between imaging in both lying down and upright positions – using the same machine.
As well as improved scanning, Bayside Standing MRI's aim is to provide you with the fastest possible assessment of your injury. Your General Practitioner, specialist or other registered health care practitioner can refer you directly to us, or you can come to our centre for an In-House referral - that we can provide if needed. This can shave weeks off your assessment time, which means you’ll be able to have your injury – and the associated pain – attended to quickly.
* Bayside Standing MRI is a private service. Fees are not bulk billed or claimable through Medicare. See our MRI Expenses page to find out why our MRI typically costs no more
than a Medicare-rebate MRI elsewhere. After hours and public holidays by appointment only.
One convenient location
We are conveniently located in the Melbourne suburb of Brighton at 130 Male Street, just off Nepean Highway and a short distance from Brighton North Railway Station. Free on-site parking or off-street parking is available, right near our front door.
Why use Bayside Standing MRI?
- We operate the first upright MRI service in Victoria. This experience ensures you will be provided with the best quality care and service.
- We're available after hours for urgent cases, so you can have your injury and your pain treated quicker.
- Overall out of pocket costs are generally no more than Medicare-rebate MRI elsewhere.
- Our MRI scanner is more comfortable for those who suffer from claustrophobia.